The Ultimate List of Top Mobile App Marketing Tools You Need in 2023
When launching an app for iOS or Android, you must adopt marketing strategies and tools to stay ahead of your competition. With so many marketing options and services available, you’ll need to choose a solution that suits your project. We’ve created a list of professional app marketing tools for those looking to move the needle when their app launches.
What is app marketing?
App marketing is the overall gameplan you use to reach people to download your app and keep them engaged for the long term. There’s no one size fits all solution here, so you’ll want to put just as much planning into marketing your app as you did the initial phases of development.
It’s also key to create a diverse strategy that aims to find where your customers spend their time and how to best communicate with them, like by using marketing personas. Utilizing Google Ads or Facebook ads is not a strategy but simply tools that should be just a part of the grand plan.
Why do you need mobile app marketing?
The simple fact of the matter is that without marketing, no one will be aware of the release of your app. Getting featured on the app store, for example, is a tall order and can only be achieved by generating buzz for your app through reviews and downloads, both of which come VIA smart and well planned marketing.
Data.ai – Market Research with AI
Formerly known as App Annie, Data.ai combines consumer and marketing data with artificial intelligence to provide unique insights for the app store and web. They provide a complete picture of the mobile landscape you need to acquire, retain and engage customers, prioritize your roadmap, enter new markets, and optimize ROI.
- Accelerate your app download and revenue strategy
- Improve your app’s ratings and keep users coming back
- See how app usage differs across 60+ countries
- Optimize your launch strategy and acquisition campaigns
- Benchmark your mobile performance against competitors
Google Analytics – In-app Analytic
Google Analytics is the gold standard for analytical platforms. Google supports both mobile and desktop advertisers, publishers, and mobile app developers. Google Analytics provides the best digital analytics tools to measure and optimize user engagement and user acquisition with mobile apps.
- Estimates the number of active users who download an app and provides demographic characteristics
- Tracks users’ actions within the app
- Measures the amount of in-app purchases and revenue
- Creates reports specific to businesses and industries
- Integration of GA data from other Google products
- Visualize users’ navigation paths
- Analyzes the behavioral pattern of user
App Radar – App Store Optimization
Optimizing your app’s store page is a crucial part of app marketing as it increases its chances of being discovered by users. App Radar is an app store optimization tool that offers streamlined workflows to deal with different app store optimization tasks and offers increased app visibility and organic reach across different app stores.
- App store optimizer analyzes metadata and localizations of apps to optimize store listings for better discoverability
- Metadata translations to fetch relevant app store metadata within the tool
- Compares key metrics and keyword ranking of competitors to stay ahead of competitors
- Provides keyword ranking reports via email or Slack message on a regular basis
- AI-powered ASO tool helps make keyword suggestions and optimization tips
- Multiple localization options to manage apps in every language
Rakuten – Affiliate Programs
Rakuten, previously known as LinkShare, is one of the biggest affiliate service providers for e-commerce and online businesses all around the world. It works as a Cost Per Action (CPA) network that brings advertisers and marketers flexible solutions to earn revenue.
- Offers deep integration for businesses’ landing pages to allow increased customization of the type of affiliate offers
- Creates rotating ad banners automatically for a product with minimal code
- Provides deep linking to acquire customers directly from a specific product
- Tracks app installs and lead conversions
AdMob – Ad Networks
Google’s AdMob is one of the most popular CPC (cost per click) mobile ad networks with high CPM (cost per thousand) and fill rates. AdMob connects advertisers with publishers and developers through its mobile marketplace, enabling advertisers to create and run targeted ads. Likewise, it enables developers to generate profits from their advertising revenue.
- Cross-platform capability supports Android and iOS and leading game engines such as Unity and Unreal
- Tools that track downloads, metrics, and manage ad campaigns
- Integration with Google Play services updates to Android apps without SDK changes
- Access to a variety of ad formats like text interstitials and video
Liftoff – Advertising and Monetization
Liftoff.io is all about taking your app to new heights by bringing in quality users at scale and leveraging in-app ads to increase earnings. They know the importance of targeting whether you are a publisher, marketer, or developer and tailor their plans to meet your goals.
- Offers programmatic solutions that maximize growth, level up your creative strategy, and safeguard campaign performance
- Has an extensive ad network of publishers with exclusive access to premium ad placements
- Gives you access to influencer marketing options
- Creative Studio upgrades your visual game with graphics that are proven to increase results
HARO – Getting Press
Apps depend heavily on positive press and influencer interactions. HARO is a tool that connects your app or service with reporters and expert news sources. Working with this public relation tool is straightforward. Simply sign up as a source, fill out your bio and requirements via the website and you will get notified three times a day of media coverage opportunities.
- Receive emails broken down by topic or industry three times a day
- Generate high-quality backlinks from authority news sites
- Access to 80,000+ sources and 55,000 journalists and bloggers
These are just a few of the marketing tools you can use to help your app connect with its target audience. If you’re looking to work with experts with over a decade of app development experience, get in touch with one of our account executives today using the contact form on this page. Zco works with its clients to ensure the successful deployment of its apps. We’re ready to work with you.