As a marketing specialist, Thomas helps the Zco Corporation marketing team with Internet marketing, lead management and brand awareness through local networking. Thomas continually works to improve Zco’s visibility across multiple Internet marketing channels while simultaneously helping to improve the UX and UI of zco.com. Away from the office Thomas helps with his family’s auto racing team and sits on the interior committee for the North East Motor Sports Museum.
On Thursday, July 21, New Hampshire Governor Maggie Hassan continued to promote her Innovate NH 2.0 economic plan at Zco Corporation.
Zco’s President and Founder, John Olapurath, spoke first and thanked Governor Hassan for her focus on innovation. He stated how important continued business innovation is for the software industry here in New Hampshire.
“We need an innovative community to hire from,” said Olapurath, who is a University of New Hampshire graduate.
“It is truly great to be here at Zco, a strong example of the type of innovative business that is helping to move our state forward,” Hassan said. “For over 25 years Zco has not only adapted to changing technology in order to thrive and grow, but they have also been valued members of the Nashua community. Thank you for the work you do every day to drive innovation and help keep our state’s economy moving in the right direction.”
She described her Innovate NH 2.0 plan as a roadmap for fostering innovation, supporting job-creating businesses, and expanding opportunities for hardworking New Hampshire families.
“We know that innovative businesses and entrepreneurs are the engines of economic growth in the 21st century economy,” said Hassan.
The plan covers 5 priorities:
1. Encouraging business innovation and growth.
2. Developing a 21st century workforce.
3. Helping middle-class families make ends meet.
4. Building a cleaner and more affordable energy future.
5. Fixing our roads, bridges, and other infrastructure systems.
Hassan is running for the U.S. Senate seat currently held by Kelly Ayotte. The above plan is an outline of what Hassan says she will take to the Senate to support inclusive economic growth in NH within a changing American economy. She also called for the federal government to follow New Hampshire’s lead on these important issues.
Hassan also mentioned the success of the Live Free and Start initiative that has been helping companies start up and grow here in NH. Her Innovate NH 2.0 plan builds on this and calls for reducing the regulatory burdens placed on new companies so they can focus on getting their business off the ground. She hopes that this initiative will help keep the granite state an appealing place for innovative startups to build their businesses.
With one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation and more people working in NH than ever before, Hassan aims to continue this trend and continue to build a thriving and growing middle class. Her plan aims to enable all Granite Staters to succeed in the modern economy.
To continue to grow and retain workers she mentioned that she would continue to fight for the proposed commuter rail project that would connect Boston to Nashua and Manchester, NH. The project would create hundreds of jobs and is part of the critical transportation infrastructure plan.
Hassan ended her speech on her continued focus on higher education. Her budget plans passed within her term as governor invest in economic priorities such as making college more affordable. During her tenure she has frozen tuition costs at state universities and lowered tuition at state community colleges. In addition she has pushed an effort to align community college programs with NH business needs. Working to expand apprenticeship opportunities and to help support adult workers gain new skills is also a focal point for Hassan to help keep NH as one of the best places to live and earn a living.
The variety and creativity of Zco customers never ceases to amaze us, and the apps of the last few months are no exception. Clients brought the ideas for us to develop, and recent releases range from serious business to serious play.
1. Insane Eagles – A 3D infinite flyer game, Insane Eagles gives you control of powerful eagles with armor, missiles, and jetpacks. Fly through an abandoned city, pick up food and coins, and destroy cars that get in your way.
The game uses tilt controls for moving your eagle up, down, left, and right, so it’s incredibly immersive. Online play includes time trials and high score contests among players across the globe. Free for iOS and Android.
2. Pet Pose – If there’s a better use for the Internet than sharing photos of pets, we haven’t found it. Pet Pose ups the fun with quick photo editing tools specially designed for pet selfies. You can download custom backgrounds and props like hats and mustaches for your pics, as well as insert speech bubbles.
There’s even a weekly photo contest, with winners choosing $25 gift cards every Sunday. The app also makes it easy to share pictures via Facebook, text, and email. Free for iOS.
3. Street Smart Kidz – A grandmother of seven originally designed this board game way back in 1988, and now she’s brought it to mobile devices. Street Smart Kidz teaches safety lessons to young children while they play on their own or with parents. $1.99 for iOS and Android.
4. Bet On That – Built for the “serious sports investor,” Bet On That offers analysis of major game matchups, helping you make the right wagers. Instead of single games, Bet On That uses a three-game series system that claims to increase your success rate. Premium prediction packages are available with in-app purchases. Free for iOS and Android.
5. Backwoods Logistics – Mobile apps often fill very specific niches, and Backwoods Logistics is such an app. It serves the needs of timber loggers, forestry companies, and land management organizations by automating and simplifying the process of distributing, completing, and returning logging load sheets.
As a specialized business app, Backwoods Logistics incorporates exactly what logging industry workers need to get their jobs done. It replaces kludgy solutions with purpose-built software, saving time and money for everyone involved. $249.99 for iOS.
6. Pest Elimination – A small but growing business in southern California, Primate Pest Elimination offers residential and commercial exterminator services. The app gets customers in touch quickly, allowing them to submit a service request as well as pay their bills. There’s even a pest library to help identify what’s plaguing your property. Free for iOS and Android.
What’s your innovative app idea? Zco Corporation builds custom mobile apps, games, and enterprise software. For more information, email us or call 603.881.9200.
Zco Corporation is a custom software company with headquarters in Nashua, New Hampshire, USA specializing in mobile app development, enterprise software, and 3D animation.
NEW HAMPSHIRE, HQ
58 Technology Way, Suite 2W10,
Nashua, NH 03060, USA
Phone: (603) 881-9200
745 Atlantic Ave,
Phone: (855) 926-2777